Thursday, February 7, 2013

February is here

February 7?!  February?!!  Already?!  Time is just flying by in leaps and bounds and is carrying us along with it.  Other than a few sniffles and some minor head injuries we're doing well (seriously...the same child got a nasty gash on her head twice since I last wrote).  The kids started school on the 15th of January and it's been nonstop dirty uniforms ever since.  

Grandma sent new back pack for the boys for Christmas and they were SO thrilled to be sporting them.  We took these pictures for Grandma.  :)  
  





Everyone on board the Buchanan Taxi!  See all the dirt?  The kids' school is on a dirt road and when it rains that road becomes an adventure slide!  The first day of school was actually cancelled because of heavy rains and the road was difficult to drive.  


On this particular day Charlotte was sick and asked to stay home.  I'm sure she was well enough to go to school, but I think she needed some time at home so we let her stay.  At one point she popped out of her room dressed like this:



And a snapshot of a weekday afternoon: girls doing homework, boys playing Candyland, me sipping coffee (or, rather, I would be if I weren't taking pictures), and Fern treating Severus as a chew toy.   


Speaking of Fern...she's still the cutest dog ever.  She's showing herself to be clever, too.  It took one day to teach her how to sit and at almost 3 months old she is house broken.  We've had to start locking the front door when we want her to stay outside because she's figured out how to open it.  And, of course, if we leave the back door open she quickly runs around the house to sneak in that way.  I wish I had a recording of her yawns...SO CUTE.


Tomorrow we start Venda lessons with a professor from the University of Venda.  I'm really looking forward to learning more.  On Monday Charlotte starts recorder lessons and she is really excited about that.  I've been having a lot of fun with my knitting and am working on a test knit for the first time.  I'm also working on a lacy yellow cardigan.  I'm sure some would disagree, but I consider myself a beginner because I still have so much to learn.  Every project that you see me post is a new skill and a challenge for me.  I'm not the type of person to be content making the same things over and over again...or even doing the same things in life over and over again.  I love trying new things and gaining new skills whether it be in knitting or life in general.  Onward and upward! 







2 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all are about settled in! The kids are such HAMS! And did you husband tell you that he has invited me for a visit? I'm not sure he means it, and I'm not sure I can do it. It came about because Karilee and John Resto have been after me to go visit them in Tampa. I hate to fly but that's what I'll do - made plans today for the end of May. I know John but have met Karilee only on Facebook. When I mentioned flying, James commented that I could also fly to visit y'all. If I can manage to do so, of course it probably be about 12 months from now, give or take a couple months. I've met Dave and Joanne (she and Diana were roommates at FC for a little while), have met Paul Williams (know Meg), know Karen and Jodie Baize, and have known Sandra Kendall-Ball since we were teens! Don't hold your breath, but I thought I'd let you know ... get my e-address from James and write and tell me what yarn you'd like, etc.

    ReplyDelete